Bringing nature-based activities to life in the Okanagan
Allan Brooks Nature Centre exists to bridge a link between natural areas and the people that enjoy them - local residence and visitors of all ages and abilities. It's a place to create and foster an awareness, understanding and appreciation of nature in the Okanagan. Minutes from downtown Vernon, located above the Army Camp on the Commonage, visitors can embrace your sense of place and experience the rich natural heritage of the North Okanagan through Allan Brooks Nature Centre. Here you'll be rewarded with breathtaking views of Okanagan, Kalamalka, and Swan Lakes and plenty of opportunity to nurture your own nature.
We invite you to view this link to get a better sense of what Allan Brooks Nature Centre is about: http://prezi.com/qls8q7k1n9wy/untitled-prezi/?auth_key=8fc288254fe04bfcfc0145b907af905975a114f5&kw=view-qls8q7k1n9wy&rc=ref-36061915
Inside the Nature Centre you can...
- Take a virtual tour of the North Okanagan in the Habitat Room. Become immersed in the sites, sounds and scents of our regional ecosystems. See what is hidden underground or underwater. Look for the predator whose eyes follow your every move!
- Learn about the Nature Centre's namesake Major Allan Brooks and other Feature Exhibits
- Have a hands-on experience with nature in the Discovery Room
You can also...
- Go birding or walking around the property via the Grassland Trail
- Check out the many marmots around the grounds and visit 'Marmot City'
- Find out about research and activities working to restore native grasslands at this site
- Wander through the Naturescape Garden and learn how you too can create wildlife habitat in your own space
- Take in a scheduled Interpretive Program
- Relax, nurture your love on nature and enjoy the views of our region